- 8 Cups vegetable stock (to cook wheat berry)
- 4 Cups cooked wheat berries
- 4 – 5 Fuyu Persimmons, peeled and diced
- ¾ Cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 ½ Cups honey crisp apples, diced
- 2 Cups Calabaza, diced and roasted; (Season with olive oil and spices)
- 2 Cups baby arugula
- 1 Cup parsley leaves picked
- Cook the wheat berries in vegetable stock as directed on the package.
- When cooked, place on a sheet tray and cool.
- Meanwhile, dice the apples and squeeze a lemon on them to keep them from browning.
- Dice the Calabaza, toss with olive oil and sprinkle with some pumpkin pie spice.
- Roast at 375◦ for 10-15 minutes or until tender and cool off.
- Once cooked, place all ingredients in a bowl and toss with the maple-pumpkin dressing.
Serv. Size: 1 | Servings: 10-12 | Amount Per Serving: Calories 172 | Total Fat 7g |Sodium 50mg | Total Carb. 23g | Protein 7.5g
Upcoming Classes, Programs, and Events
Our clinical expertise and dedication to delivering compassionate cancer care is only part of the journey. At Miami Cancer Institute, we offer our patients and their loved ones a wide variety of educational programs including nutritional programs and support groups, in addition to countless public events taking place in and around our communities.