- 1lb Shitake Mushrooms, sliced 1/4” thick - stems removed prior to slicing
- 1lb fennel bulb quartered and then sliced 1/4” thick - tops removed
- 1lb leeks, green tops and roots remove then sliced vertically in half, rinse out thoroughly to remove all excessive dirt - Slice on a bias ¼’ thick
- 1 tbsp olive oil 90/10 blend
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 2 Romaine Hearts Sliced in half vertically
- 6 ounces dried cranberries
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 ounces toasted walnuts – roughly chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumble
- 8 ounces Valencia Orange Dressing
- 4 small salad plates
Valencia Orange Dressing:
- Juice of 2 Valencia oranges (approx 6 ounces)
- 1oz olive oil 90/10 blend
- 1oz white wine vinegar
- 1/2 honey
- 1/2 Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger root
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven @ 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl toss together shitake mushrooms, leeks, fennel, olive oil blend, salt and pepper. Place on a roasting pan or cookie sheet. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the mushroom, fennel, and leek mixture cooks, make the vinaigrette. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Once vegetable mixture is cooked, remove from oven and let cool down. Once cool toss in onions.
- Place one romaine heart in each plate. Evenly amongst the four hearts distribute the vegetable mixture, then top each with blacksliced olives, chopped walnuts, and crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle each with 2 ounces of the vinaigrette.
- Serve and Enjoy!!
Nutritional Facts:Cal: 511 | Total fat: 23.4g | Chol: 10.7mg | Sodium: 320.8mg | Carb: 67.7g | Sugar: 38.4g | Protein: 14.6g
Upcoming Classes, Programs, and Events
Our clinical expertise and dedication to delivering compassionate cancer care is only part of the journey. At Miami Cancer Institute, we offer our patients and their loved ones a wide variety of educational programs including nutritional programs and support groups, in addition to countless public events taking place in and around our communities.