- 2 cups tri colored quinoa • (cook according to package, but use green tea broth instead of water)
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 cup pomegranate aerials
- 1 cup peaches, diced
- 1 cup nectarines, diced
- To taste parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 3/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 2 cups spinach
Yields 2 ½ cups | Serving size = 2 Tbsp.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup orange zest
- 1 Tsp pink peppercorns, ground or black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup avocado oil or walnut oil
DirectionsToss all ingredients in a large bowl and chill. • Toss with the dressing right before serving.
Serve with brown rice, farro or your favorite grain! It's nice to top with an avocado and tomato salad tossed in olive oil and lime juice.
Nutritional FactsSalad per serving: Calories: 156 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated fat: 0g | Sodium: 12mg | Total Carbohydrate: 23g | Dietary Fiber: 5g | Sugars: 9g | Protein: 5g | Vitamin A: 1068 IU | Calcium: 56.9 mg
Dressing per serving: Calories: 112 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated fat: 1g | Sodium: 349mg | Total Carbohydrate: 4g | Sugars: 4g | Protein: 0g
Upcoming Classes, Programs, and Events
Our clinical expertise and dedication to delivering compassionate cancer care is only part of the journey. At Miami Cancer Institute, we offer our patients and their loved ones a wide variety of educational programs including nutritional programs and support groups, in addition to countless public events taking place in and around our communities.