Miami Cancer Institute's Bladder Cancer Clinic provides complete care for patients with all stages of bladder cancer. We combine world-renowned medical expertise and compassionate care to find the best treatment for each patient.
Our team includes leaders in surgical, medical and radiation oncology who are dedicated to treating bladder cancer. They work closely with advanced practice providers, nurses and a variety of cancer support specialists. All these treatments and services are available under one roof, offering comprehensive care from the moment the patient walks through our doors.
Who we treat
The Bladder Cancer Clinic provides personalized care for anyone with known or suspected bladder cancer. Whether you need a second opinion or are looking to start treatment at a world-class cancer center, our team can help.
Bladder cancer treatment and services we provide
When a patient is referred to the Bladder Cancer Clinic, a clinical nurse will reach out to gather their medical history and essential health details. Our team will then work on collecting any test results or imaging scans. With this information, we can help streamline the care process and make sure that the patient sees the right specialists when they visit our center.
During the first appointment, the patient will meet with an advanced practice provider and urologist specializing in bladder cancer. After talking with the patient and reviewing their medical details, we’ll provide referrals for additional testing, treatment or support services as needed.
The Bladder Cancer Clinic features:
- Advanced testing and diagnosis. Miami Cancer Institute is the only center in South Florida to offer outpatient blue light cystoscopy testing for bladder cancer. This imaging procedure can accurately detect and diagnose even the smallest bladder cancer tumors.
- Robotic surgery expertise. We are leaders in robotic surgery for bladder cancer, including robot-assisted bladder removal (robotic radical cystectomy) and robotic surgery for artificial neobladders.
- Access to clinical trials. Miami Cancer Institute is a regional leader in research and clinical trials for cancer treatment. As South Florida’s only member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Alliance, patients have access to a range of cutting-edge therapies that are not widely available.
- Multidisciplinary care and collaboration. Surgical, medical and radiation oncologists collaborate during bladder cancer tumor boards, making sure each patient’s treatment plan is the right approach. Our team also works closely with cancer support services at Miami Cancer Institute.
- Dedicated urostomy nurse. Our team includes a nurse who specializes in urostomy and stoma care. This individual helps patients care for their urostomy and is available to address any questions or concerns.
- Comprehensive support services. Miami Cancer Institute provides a full range of cancer support services, all available under one roof. Patients can access our in-house experts in nutrition, rehabilitation, psychology, survivorship, genetic testing and more.